Everything you have to know about real estate investor visa in the UAE
The UAE launched the Golden Visa programmer in 2019 to allow investors to apply for long-term residency in the country. The implementation of this scheme, combined with the country's consistently high ROI and global appeal, has proven to be a major draw in attracting real estate investors. There are currently two long-term available for real estate investors visa in UAE. Do you want to apply for an investor visa in the UAE? Everything you want to know is right here.
Types of investor visa IN UAE
Foreigners with UAE Golden Visas can work, live, and study without the need for a national sponsor. Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about the UAE investor visa requirements.
10 year investor visa in UAE
To be eligible for the 10-year long-term visa, a foreign investor must have at least AED 10 million in public investment in the UAE. This investment can be made in any of the UAE's seven emirates without the need for a sponsor. Take a look at the list of investment types where a long-term real estate investor visa can be obtained under the General Investor category below.
- When you establish a new company in any of the emirates with a capital investment of AED 10 million.
- After forming a partnership in an existing company with a minimum share value of AED 10 million.
- Having deposits with a minimum investment value of AED 10 million in any UAE emirate.
- Upon ensuring that 60% of the total investment of AED 10 million, or AED 6 million, is made in sectors other than the real estate market.
A 5 year investor visa
Real estate investors can also apply for a 5-year Investor visa in the Dubai provided they meet the requirements.
The Requirements for a 5-Year Property Investor Visa in Dubai
- The investor must make an investment in a property worth at least AED 5 million.
- The investors must ensure that the funds are not borrowed.
- Another requirement is that the property be kept for at least three years.
5 year real estate visa in Dubai
Investors in real estate can also apply for a five-year visa to Abu Dhabi. However, the conditions are not the same as in the other emirates. The Requirements for a 5-Year Property Investor Visa rules in Abu Dhabi 2022
- Investors must make an investment in a property worth at least AED 2 million.
- If they have mortgaged properties, they must have at least AED 2 million in cash to apply for this visa.
- They must keep their investments for at least two years after receiving a visa.
- The real estate investor visa allows spouses and children to live in Abu Dhabi.
- The visa holder may also sponsor a domestic worker if they follow the relevant rules and regulations.
- Real estate investors must present their investment profile (individual or aggregate) or proof of a property worth at least AED 2 million.
Do you want to learn more about the application process, requirements, and conditions for this type of visa? Check out our guide to the Abu Dhabi investor visa application process.
Dubai investor visa rules
You now understand the fundamental requirements and conditions for obtaining a real estate investor visa. There are some minor details to this information that apply to Dubai real estate visas:
- The AED 10M investment value is the purchase price of your property, not the current market value. For example, if you bought a property for AED 9M a few years ago and it is now worth AED 10M, you will not be able to obtain a visa.
- The type of property also influences investment. To find out which property types are eligible for long-term visas, contact the Dubai Land Department.
- The investment should be made in a property that is habitable.
- Any property that is under construction, is in dispute, or is not ready for occupancy will not be considered for an investor visa.
- Furthermore, the property should not be declared unsafe by authorities for any reason in order to qualify for an investor visa.
- It is also necessary that the property is in a freehold area of Dubai and that you are the legal owner. You are not the rightful owner if the property is in a leasehold area. In this case, it must state how long you intend to lease the property.
What Are The Benefits Of An Investor Visa In Dubai?
The following are the primary advantages of investing in Dubai:
- You are openly to live in the country.
- Bank accounts can be opened in Dubai and other emirates.
- In Dubai, you can get a driver's license.
- You can teach in Dubai schools.