Roles & Responsibilities
- Assisting Kitchen Chef in preparation of the food items, controls and records wastage and stock rotation and makes sure first expiry first out (FEFO) is strictly followed and all storerooms/ fridges and freezers are in order and ensures ingredients are available at all times to ensure the correct menus are always available.
- Set up and clean the back of house service areas (stock room, food preparations areas, dishes, kitchen) and ensures that standard hygiene in food preparation is strictly observe and the subsequent handover and closing duties is adhere for the readiness of the store operations every shift.
- Present at the pre-service briefing and be in constant communication with the front of house/service team and prepare the ordered food in standard and timely manner.
- Reports back of the house/kitchen/food preparation area faulty equipment, machinery, service-ware, and any related issues/incidents to the Manager to ensure smooth running of daily store operations.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Previous experience as a commis, stalker, or food prep or in a similar role is preferred.
- Full knowledge of kitchen/back of the house process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and POS skills
- Ability to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays.]