Roles & Responsibilities
Job Title: Video Editor
Department: Media Services
Reports To: Operation Manager
Job Location: Onsite
The Video Editor is responsible for processing and editing video content using specialized technical equipment. They ensure the quality of the moving video, make necessary corrections, and participate in the digitization process. The Video Editor is specialized in post-treatment and restoration of digitized content in the domain of moving pictures. Their expertise and technical skills contribute to the production of high-quality video content.
• Control the quality of the moving video to ensure optimal output.
• Identify and make corrections to any issues found during the editing process.
• Correct audio and video synchronization for seamless playback.
• Participate in the digitization process, applying expertise to enhance video content.
• Provide technical expertise in selecting the best material for editing, especially in cases of multiple copies.
• Research, insert, replace, or assemble multiple elements to create cohesive programs.
• Merge and split multiple clips as required to create desired video sequences.
• Establish activity reports to document editing and post-production processes.
• Diplomas in audio-visual with a specialty in moving pictures content, such as post-production, editing, production, live video, or video publishing.
• Minimum of five years of experience in audio-visual exploitation and computer science applied to digital audio and video content.
• Experience in handling restoration software and tools, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, is preferred.
• Knowledge of standards in digital audio/video treatment.
• Familiarity with tools, technical equipment, and workstations for audio/video editing.
• Understanding of audio/video standards, formats, containers, file sizes, etc.
• Proficient in English and Arabic.
Contract Duration: 3 years
Salary Bracket: (depending on experience)
The above information on this job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.