Roles & Responsibilities
Freelance Strategy Director
SYPartners is a consulting firm that focuses on transformation.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we work alongside CEOs, leaders, and their executive teams to design a better future for their organizations particularly in times of great change. The animating idea that drives us is our belief that organizations designed for both humanity and performance create unprecedented impact. We partner with leaders in organizations that have the courage and rigor to pursue both as equally essential and mutually reinforcing. And we seek to design our own organization in alignment with this idea, as well.
SYPartners was founded in 1994. The company is headquartered in New York City with locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Abu Dhabi, and is a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.
Strategy Directors take charge of leading clients and teams through the whole journey of transformation and change setting vision, directing teams and clients, and demonstrating the imagination, accountability and resolve to deliver our best work.
• As a Strategy Director, you possess great leadership skills coupled with deep but flexible business and consulting experience.
• While traditional expertise like critical thinking and communication skills are essential, you will be expected to combine analytical prowess with creative and generative thinking.
• You empower yourself and your teams to generate truly original ideas that unlock opportunities for our clients.
How you'll drive impact
• Own multiple tracks of work or a multi-track project within a larger engagement,
• Partnering with other disciplines (designers, project managers, programmers, etc.) to produce the best possible solutions for our clients
• Cultivate high-performing, healthy teams with courage and optimism while coaching team members to be the best, fullest versions of themselves
• Build strong, trusted relationships with executive-level clients, leading the relationship and management
• Prototype a way into the strategy, encouraging the team to make
• Originate frames that make sense of the complexity of a client s problem in ways that enable smart action and progress
• Diagnose the root causes driving the challenge at hand, bringing business expertise and creativity to bear on our clients toughest challenges
• Push the team to consider the system-wide implications of their ideas
• Design immersive, connected experiences that drive to outcomes
• Generate plans for engagement and action that help clients put these ideas into practice
• Exhibit strong presence and rallies executive-level around an idea, building their bravery to take action
• Manage the work in a manner consistent with our goals for greatness and profitability
• Participate in financial management and profitability of projects
• Support new business efforts, participating in proposal development and building relationships
• 10+ years experience
• Strong track record as an individual contributor and a leader of others
• Prior strategy consulting experience and/or in-house strategy and transformation experience
• Exceptional writing and communication skills
SYPartners Commitment to Diversity
At SYPartners, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our own organization and for the leaders and clients we partner with. Our vision of the future one in which organizations are designed to create conditions for human flourishing demands that we continually work to become a more diverse and inclusive organization ourselves.
We are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize this commitment requires continual learning, reflection, and imagination.